Gaudrel, survivor of the scavengers, is the source of The Last Testaments of Gaudrel. These offer an alternative view of the history of The Remnant, with stories of scavengers and the harsh realities of life as she cares for her granddaughter, Morrighan.
- Gaudrel is believed to be a Princess that escaped The Devastation as a small child.
- She refers to her father being a great leader who fell.
- She references a small Princess that found grace (herself, or possibly her sister, Venda).
- She is the sister of Venda.
- She is believed to be Morrighan's grandmother.
- She calls Morrighan a Princess as well.
- While telling Morrighan about before the Devastation , Gaudrel says, "My own grandmother telling me stories..."
- Namesake of the Tribe of Gaudrel.
- Source of The Last Testaments of Gaudrel.